Epcot Blog

Epcot Blog

Getting up this morning took a great amount of effort after staying up so late the night before. We made it to the 7:30 bus to the TTC by the skin of our teeth. We’re headed to Epcot, and it has been a smooth ride to get in. We were among the only people getting on the Monorail headed there, but that may be because it’s not the first one this morning. We’re here in time for rope drop, and got to walk through the new Moana Journey of Water area before it got busy. I can imagine walking through there at peak crowd times would be difficult. 


We weren’t exactly in the right spot for rope drop as our goal was to head right to Frozen. By the time we made it over to Norway the line was already estimated to take 30 minutes. It went relatively fast thankfully, the line queue has plenty to look at anyway. We waited a couple minutes for Kringla to open before carrying on with the morning. We got side tracked in Germany when Ben spotted a few other guys with Beer…at 9:30 in the morning. We found the line and got a few for ourselves. When in Epcot, right? 

You can’t leave France without stopping at Les Halles for pastries. We rounded the world pavilion over to Japan for the 11:00 drum show before getting side tracked and taking the boats over to the Boardwalk. The heat in those boats is absolutely brutal. We did a quick walk around before coming to the conclusion that it was too hot for our Maine acclimated bodies. Its another event day at Magic Kingdom but we had just enough time to fit in using our Park Hopper pass before they booted us for the day. We only managed to fit Pirates of the Caribbean in, and did th

Pirate’s Adventure to find Captain Jack. The crowds were getting thicker and we made our way for the exit. 


Sitting by the pool for lunch and taking the time to recharge was necessary for us. We made reservations for Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto this evening, and I am so excited to try something new. The Polynesian Resort is a dream stay of mine, but considering it would have cost more than our entire trip did- just to stay, it’s out of the question for us.We’re hoping to stay long enough to catch the fireworks on the beach if we can stay awake that long. 

From Shades of Green we had to take the bus to the TTC and walk over the Polynesian. You used to be able to walk right from Shades of Green to the TTC or the Polynesian but  Disney shut down the sidewalk because they are widening the road. We were quite early for our reservation and spent our time adventuring the grounds at the Polynesian. We still had a bit of time left and took the monorail around to the Grand Floridian to walk around more. We felt a bit out of place with the grand style, and didn’t stay long. We still had a long time before our reservation and opted to go to Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace instead. Ben got a beer and I got a Spikey Pineapple, basically a Pina colada. 


We knew we weren’t going to make it all the way to the fireworks and opted to go back to the resort. We were bone tired, and took a minute to catch up on things that were happening back home.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *